If anyone were to ask me what pregnancy moment would I like to relive again and again? I’d pick all those moments when I felt version 2.0 of my heart fluttering right below mine. I never want to forget how I would be super particular about my vitamins and not miss them at any cost. Yet after doing everything right, I would still end up with the gassy pains, and not to forget the most irritating of all – heartburn. This left me very worried. I had no idea there were ways to make pregnancy easier for me being a first-time mom myself. Here is where my mother came in and made everything okay!
I would fluster thinking-
Till now wherever I went everyone wanted to hug me, bless me, spot my dancing tummy, have bucket loads of advice, and do umpteen gender guesses. Of course, all this was set to change. Very soon I had to handover this spotlight and become a caregiver, a primary caregiver.
These pregnancy jitters!
But it was also these moments that assured me that something life-changing was happening.
And of course, how can I forget how I finally reached the stage where I not only had terribly swollen feet but also one very swollen up heart but this swelling was different because my heart was brimming with love, adoration, and excitement to meet the precious little one that had been growing sweetly inside me all this while.
The womb protects from physical turbulence but mental agitation of the mother travels through and adversely affects the growth of the baby.
Those end of the days’ nervousness at first made everyone uncomfortable and they began to look for ways to make pregnancy easier for me.
Was that even possible? Yes!
What are the 7 tried and tested ways to make pregnancy easier for a first time mother?
1. Just listen to her!
If your baby’s mama has been an awful lot quiet it definitely means she’s struggling with a storm of emotions. Know this – Every little emotion a mother feels has a direct impact on the innocent one growing inside her; so don’t take her jitters as mood swings.
According to research in the field of psychological science – After six months babies in the womb are affected by the mother’s changing emotions.
They studied a few pregnant mommas and found whenever the mum laughed, her baby in the womb also moved and jumped around bobbing its head like enjoying a roller coaster ride.
Likewise, if a mom is stressed or is depressed hence crying, it does affect her little baby and could lead to emotional and behavioral disorders, cognitive delays, and eventually depression later on in life.Harvard Medical Study Team
Make her feel loved. Get her a PREGNANCY JOURNAL or a little diary to scribble her thoughts. A COLORING BOOK too would be helpful in this regard. What more could the to-be-mama want? Some nice charms to calm her. \
Below listed are two of my favorite books that helped me stay calm during my pregnancy!
A. Pregnancy Journal to pen her emotions!
B. Color in Doodles for whenever she feels overwhelmed!
Also, know this that though she can’t wait for her baby to see the world through its own eyes, she does feel worried about how the world will treat her baby.
- She’s a mama bear and who will tear if her baby feels scared.
- So talk this all out with both of them – her and your baby.
- Keep at it till both of them feel secure and loved.
- Take them out for a walk and give them a chance to just vent!
2. Cook her favorite meal or order in from her favorite place!
It is believed the aromas of a mother’s hopeful heart calm her baby’s nerves instantly.
I am actually super-spiritual about food. I believe wars can end if the people of the world just began sharing meals more often.– aabhie
In fact, science has also discovered that a mother’s food choices do leave a lasting impact on her baby’s palate.
- So cook for her something super healthy.
- If possible, do pour in all the love, kindness, and joy of the world in it.
- Sometimes even Ice cream is sufficient but opt for a nutritious and hearty meal instead.
- If nothing works then hire a cook!
- The flavors, aromas, and company a meal bring together are no less than an enlightening spiritual experience.
- They are just what a pregnant mommy needs.
3. Research for her!
The onset of pregnancy unleashes a thousand questions which of course are not put in front of everyone. But hey, Google doesn’t tell anyone, so the research bug bites in way early and super fast.
Expectant mothers research and research endlessly and mindlessly.
Pregnant mama apps, baby development apps, and mother-child relationships blogs (like mine too) feed her hungry mama’s brains, but does she ever stop? No.
You could research on the following topics :
- What to do with your newly born baby?
- How to keep your barely a few months old babe occupied?
- Why are rattles the best gift to a newborn?
- How to put a tired baby to sleep?
- Prepare a song list that she can indulge in.
- Splurge on some matching clothing
- Trust me, the research won’t matter, but the effort you put in will bring a big smile to her face. Now, that’s what matters.
4. Start building a baby book library with her!
Now let me tell you a little secret that will get you through any mood swings during and after pregnancy – Baby Books!
Did you know- Reading to the womb also leaves a heart-warming impression on the baby’s mind plus helps in early childhood language learning?
So please get her a few baby books to read to her belly and strengthen her bond with her baby. Plus, these baby books will come in super handy later as well!
Check out these THREE SUPERB RECOMMENDATIONS FROM US!
1. I forgot to say I love you by Mirriam Moss!
2. I love my Baby because by Paullina Simons
3. I love you just the way you are by Make Believe Ideas
These baby books are adorable little magic pills which expectant mamas can gorge on as they await their darling baby’s arrival.– aabhie
If you are bilingual, do read books in different languages.
You will notice the difference it shall bring to your baby’s speech development.
5. Get your pregnant mamma a lovie!
A lovie can be any stuffed toy or preferably a plush toy that the soon-to-be-called-mummy can hold, admire, and talk to. Basically it is that one pregnancy companion that she will love endlessly till her own little real-life lovie reaches her lap.
A lovie or plushie is the perfect gift for any expectant mother.
Here are the THREE MOST ADORABLE LOVIE PLUSH TOYS THAT WE FOUND ONLINE!
A. Super Cuddly Sheepdog Plush
B. Utterly Innocent Golden Retriever Plush
C. Sweety Tweety Cute Lovie
What to look for when purchasing a Lovie?
- Try for one that is cuddlesome in size because you don’t want to overwhelm her anymore.
- A lovie is not a body pillow but an expecting mama’s little buddy.
- Oh, and a lovie will make a most adorable prop if you go for a maternity photoshoot!
6. Decorate her room!
Now not all pregnancies are tough to tackle however when your body is preparing itself to deliver another it needs loads and loads of rest and me-time.
Pregnancy is a spiritual journey.
The play of hormones needs meditative vibes and a super chill atmosphere. It is a must for expecting mamas nurturing their babies in the womb. Of course, creating such an environment is not possible all throughout the home.
But, you can make a change in the pregnant mother’s room.
1. Pack of 3 ‘Stick me up’ Giraffe Stuff Plushies
2. 200 Adorable Little Gold Dots Wall Decor
2. Pre-Gummed, Set of 6 Cute Baby Posters
Here are TOP THREE SUGGESTIONS FROM US!
- Simply get out those cute baby posters, adorable baby stickers, and everything to anything.
- Stuff that you can put all around her and the places she visits.
- Like the inside and outside of her bathroom door, her almirah, her dressing, and any empty spot in her closet.
- Basically, just anywhere you know the expecting mother will definitely look at during the day.
These little baby wonders will keep the hope in her eyes shine bright all throughout the day! Oh, a collage of both of your baby pictures would be an excellent idea too!
A loved mama will birth a much-loved baby who will spread nothing but love and joy all around!
7. Tell her mother to jump on the baby wagon!
A daughter no matter her age will always need her mother. Pregnancy is that one life experience where she will miss her mother the most. As an expecting mother, she will always relate every little emotion of hers with her mom’s.
I have personally experienced how pregnancy and childbirth birth bring a world of difference in the mother-daughter relationship.– aabhie
- Whenever she will feel any discomfort near her belly, it will remind her of the sacrifices her mother did.
- It is her mother with whom she reconnects on a whole different level right after conceiving.
- So get her mother onboard!
Ask her mother to be around the beaming mama-to-be.
Take her mother’s advice beginning from her daughter’s favorite memory to any baby dress of hers. If there is any specific dish that you are not aware of, get the recipe from her momma. Use it as a surprise!
If nothing works, give the mother-daughter some time alone to simply relish the pregnancy phase. Just set them up on a mother-daughter date!
Hey, pregnancy is a beautiful, beautiful phase of life.
It is an empowering journey where the mother is put at par with God, and she is no less than one when carrying a child in her womb.
It can become overwhelming for her but believe me, all the little emotional conflicts and inner turmoil are only the play of her mama mind, hormonal so to speak. One must never lose their calm at an expectant mother and nor should she, for the sake of her and her child.
Thus it is advised to be most positive and hopeful when one is pregnant.
PS. I was not given a stuffed lovie. Boohoo! I straight away got my actual lovie, my sweet baby girl, Pihu. If you are wondering about my pregnancy jitters? They vanished only when I reached the hospital bed where my husband held my hand all through the night. As I writhed in labor pains he made umpteen promises. He also kept telling me I am doing so good, and we’re almost there to become parents. God bless all husbands and god bless all babies.
If you’re an expecting mother – Congratulations and blessings!
Always keep your chin up and eyes – kind, towards God.– aabhie
Hey, don’t forget to subscribe to us if you haven’t already!
Oh and please do comment down below how did your pregnancy go? Also please share what did your loved ones or partner do to make you feel super loved?