Welcome to the Parenting Pihu Blog!
Here you will find all the answers that will help you navigate your parenting journey. We are so excited to find your comments on our writes!
Parenting need not always be tough. All you need is some support and a whole lot positivi-TEA!– aabhie
Grab a COFFEE and get reading!
- Healthy Spinach Recipe for Kids! SPINACH PASTATry this healthy spinach recipe for kids today! Its my Pihu’s favorite and a staple snack at our place
- BREAKFAST FAVORITE BANANA OATS PANCAKEOur breakfast favorite recipe – Banana Oats Pancake recipe is out!
- PP9 Our Darling Baby Girl#August is our #birthdaymonth and I’m just so happy that my little doll is going to be TWO! To mark this celebration I plan to pen #poetry for my Pihu as much as I can😊
- Checklist for packing for baby/toddlerEasily plan your vacations by following our checklist for packing. It details everything that you could need when you are on the go with your little one.
- Toilet Training Made Easy with Elimination CommunicationToilet training made easy with few potty training essentials and tips. Let’s talk potty & pee training plus elimination communication!
- The Googly eyes book your child must have- Polly the farm puppy!The best from the googly eyes book series from Ben Adams is the Polly the Farm Puppy Book. A delightful read for ages 6 months and above! An absolute must have for in every little library!
- Norman’s New Shell is one of the best interactive books for babies!Go on a hunt for silly Norman’s New Shell! The bright images, funny text & shaped pages make it one of the best interactive books for babies.
- Top 5 Essentials When Starting SolidsStarting solids is an exciting journey. Introduction of solids and self feeding is a must for a successful baby led weaning! Empower your little one today!
- PP8 LITTLE WONDERA must read prayer from inside the womb.
- PP7 – This is the man I see at homeFather’s day is just around the corner. Here is a little poem penned by yours truly as a dedication to my darling husband, who is the perfect father to our baby girl. God bless him always. 💗
- A letter to my baby girl who is missing out on so much because of COVID19COVID19 has put us all indoors, barred from the outside world. The world which my baby girl would be exploring had this virus not spoiled all our plans and dreams. Must read this very sentiment piece.
- Are Makhana Good For Babies (What are the benefits of fox nuts for babies)Who said only Milk is rich in Calcium? Introduce them to Superfoods for babies and toddlers – Fox nuts!
- Do you know why do toddlers tear books? Is it a phase?My baby loves reading books but why does my child rip up paper? Understand why do toddlers tear books, is it a developmental milestone?
- Engage a Bored Toddler with Object Hide and Seek!Absence of outdoor play makes every toddler cranky. Engage a bored toddler with this quick hide and seek game. Oh, you’re welcome 🙂
- Surviving a Pandemic – How did New Zealand become Corona Free?A ray of hope for all us Parents – With hardly some 1500 cases and 22 deaths, New Zealand has defeated the Corona Monster! Let us learn how is it surviving a pandemic from them!
- What Are Some Good First Foods For Baby Led Weaning?Baby led weaning becomes exponentially easier when baby starts solids. So what Are Some Good First Foods For Baby Led Weaning? Read on..
- Are pillows safe for babies? What about head shaping pillows?What to do when your baby develops a flat head spot? Since pillows are not recommended what about Head Shaping Pillows or Rai Ka Pillow for babies? Are pillows safe for babies?
- Why the Kitchen Disco Book is going to be your baby’s next addiction!All babies love to hear their mumma’s sing. There is no better song for a baby than one which mumma sings. So, come let your little one dance a little today to a fruity, peppy beat of the Kitchen disco book by Clare Foges. We recommend this book and believe us, you don’t need to even think twice before purchasing it. It’s that good! A complete value for your money.
- 7 Ways To Make Pregnancy Easier For First-Time Mothers?The emotional turmoil a first-time mother-to-be experiences owing to her pregnancy hormones is endless! Read ways to make pregnancy easier for them!
- Scribble SetupIt’s the lockdown and are you too facing a loss of activities to engage your little one? Check out this fun activity that has been keeping Pihu busy while mummy gets time to cook dinner for everyone. Must read and must do! Please comment what you think about this simple yet impactful approach of parenting.
- Why every baby needs the FARM BABIES book by Liz and Kate PopeBook recommendation – Farm Babies by Liz and Kate Pope. An engaging and sturdy puzzle board book suitable for babies above 1 years of age. We recommend you to find it or find any similar.
- PP6 – First Vegan Attempt – Almond milk (Poetry)Our first attempt at Vegan living with Almond Milk.
- Breakfast favorite Poha/ Flattened Rice DishPihu loves to eat Poha in breakfast and this is the recipe I follow. Try it with your little one and tell me how successful was the mealtime.
- How to make your baby fall in love with a certain toy?Toys add thrill to a toddler’s childhood but how to introduce a toy to your little one? What makes a toy a child’s favorite toy? What must you expect when you bring home a new toy for your baby?
- PP5 – All because of you (Poetry)A short poem where mommy talks what a blessing little babies are and how they eventually influence your destiny to shine. It’s a must read for new moms and expecting moms.
- PP4 – My baby girl is magic (Poetry)A sweet little poem about my little baby girl and how easily she makes my days with her littlest of ways. God bless her.
- PP3 – Slow down for me, though slow down not (Poetry)A poem about how much mummy loves her baby girl that she wants her to stop growing so fast, or not?
- Why are rattles the best gift to a newborn?Why does you newborn need a rattle? What you must look for when purchasing rattle toys for your below six months old baby? Why are rattles the best baby shower gift? What kind of rattles does a little baby need?
- PP2 – Unhealthy Midnight Snacking (poetry)A poem narrating what happens when you’re trying so hard to put your little one to bed, and what follows next.
- PP1 – Sorry babe, mommy is sneezing achoooooo! (poetry)A poem talking what does a baby do when poor mommy is sneezing whole day long?
- My Baby Suddenly Stopped Eating! Help!Do you know what to do when your baby does not want to eat? How to make a fussy baby eat their meal? Should meal times be a challenge for both baby and mama? Is it important to respect your baby’s decision of not wanting to eat or not finishing the meal? Read about the psychological effect of NOT coercing your little one to eat.
- Why I wish to be a mom like my mom ( a mother’s day read)A mother’s day write penned in celebration of my dear mommy who has played the most pivotal role in helping me parent Pihu. Everything that I learned about motherhood and love is from her. She is my inner voice and my sparkling eyes. Do give this a read to know just why.
- Why You Should Read To Your Baby Daily?Why you should read to your little one? Why is reading essential for your baby? Why is it necessary to take time out for reading a book to your child, or perhaps a bedtime story? How does reading help to develop a newborn’s mind?
- You don’t always need fresh ideas to engage your not so little, little oneLike adults even toddlers do mind if you hover around them constantly. Do you know the best of games are discovered when a little person is super bored? It’s hence necessary to let children play by themselves. Do read more to understand better.
- Moong Dal Chilla (Mung Bean Pancake)A nutritional breakfast meal prep – Mung Beans Pancake. Highly rich in proteins. It’s a must for growing toddlers.
If you haven’t subscribed to us for all our recent updates, do so right away!
Hey, check out what’s most talked about here!
aabhie baby activity baby book recommendations baby eating habits baby led weaning baby toys breakfast recipes COVID19 activities for kids early childhood learning early days of motherhood finger foods food journey gentle parenting how to keep toddler engaged during lockdown indoor activities living nuclear with newborn lockdown activity for little babies mama baby bond meals for toddlers mom blogger momblogger motherhood mothers love for child newborn newmom parentchildrelationship parenting parenting journey parentingpihu parenting pihu parenting tips pihugulla poetry real motherhood self feeding short poem toddler Toddler Tips toys for a newborn vegan recipes what happens after the first six months what to gift a newborn why are books lifelong friends why is reading important why should I read to my child