What can be more thrilling than your little one asking for another serving?
Mumma, more? More tofu?
This is ‘aw’ recipe because it left my little one wanting for more. But unfortunately tofu was over in my fridge so I had to make do with another quick powerfood snack option.
So here is the recipe. Do try it for your little one as well. Tofu is a nutrient dense meal option. It’s very filling and has all the power, in fact more than what any animal protein can bring to your plate. Its versatility is something that is aced over years. So my recipe will also evolve with time. But for now, this is it. Enjoy!
Chilly Garlic Tofu Recipe
Prep time : 15 minutes
Cooking time : 10 minutes (really!)
- Half a block of tofu,
- 1 medium sized tomato,
- 1 medium sized red onion,
- half a green chilly,
- 1 big garlic clove,
- half tbsp chilly sauce,
- half tbsp tomato ketchup and
- salt + oregano for spicing it up a notch.
- Oh and super seeds too – sesame, flax and pumpkin seeds.
- Oil of choice for cooking
Steps to recipe:
- Prep the tofu, which is to let it rest in hot salty bath for 10 15 minutes and press it down using a kitchen towel to make it spongy soft.
- While the tofu rests, barely grind the tomato onion chilly garlic paste. We only want it to break down from chunks to pieces. Not too fine and definitely not to sauce like consistency.
- Roast the seeds and grind them to powder. I have used whole sesame seeds because my little is very used to them. Flax and pumpkin seeds I always grind to powder.
- Take a wok, add a tbsp of oil (I used olive) Add the tomato onion mix and let it cook for few minutes minute.
- Add salt, oregano, chilly sauce, tomato sauce, seed mix and tofu.
- Just mix it all up and serve hot!
- Garnish it with spring onions, or greens of choice.
- Enjoy with a side of toasted bread or just as it is.